Definition of amnesty:
- acquittal (part of speech: noun)
- forgiveness (part of speech: noun)
- vindication (part of speech: noun)
- dismissal (part of speech: noun)
In the agitation for the restoration of the powers of the tribunes of the plebs, Caesar took a prominent part; he also supported the Lex Aurelia of 70, which gave the equites a share in the iudicia, and the Lex Plautia, granting an amnesty to the adherents of Lepidus and Sertorius.- "The Student's Companion to Latin Authors", George Middleton Thomas R. Mills.
- "Celebrated Women Travellers of the Nineteenth Century", W. H. Davenport Adams.
- "The Gadfly", E. L. Voynich.