Definition of amongst :
1. Conjoined, or associated with, or making part of the number of; in the number or class of.
2. Expressing a relation of dispersion, distribution, etc.; also, a relation of reciprocal action.
3. Mixed or mingled; surrounded by.
- Indeed to neglect a young pretty Lady, expose her unmask'd amongst a Company of wild Players, is very dangerous.
- It is my wish to continue to Susan her present home amongst my own children. - "Lucretia, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- When Louis and I broke loose from the ship and lived alone amongst the natives I got on very well. - "The Works of Robert Louis Stevenson - Swanston Edition Vol. 24 (of 25)", Robert Louis Stevenson Other: Andrew Lang.