Definition of amount:
- The effect, substance, value, significance, or result; the sum; as, the amount of the testimony is this.
- The sum total of two or more sums or quantities; the aggregate; the whole quantity; a totality; as, the amount of 7 and 9 is 16; the amount of a bill; the amount of this year's revenue.
- To go up; to ascend.
- To rise or reach by an accumulation of particular sums or quantities; to come ( to) in the aggregate or whole; - with to or unto.
- To rise, reach, or extend in effect, substance, or influence; to be equivalent; to come practically ( to); as, the testimony amounts to very little.
- To signify; to amount to.
marrow, descend, result, add, center, issue forth, totality, bankroll, block, total, metre, nub, follow, bailout, keep down, criterion, sum of money, bill, fare, essence, list, cash flow, import, measuring rod, appropriation, make out, numerate, tale, fall, sum total, heart, come in, make sense, backlog, add up, all, gist, balance, derive, hail, heart and soul, whole, summation, touchstone, study at, accumulation, add together, get, quantity, come, bond, mass, burden, get along, budget, occur, beat, pith, kernel, enumerate, centre, tenor, blood money, allocation, volume, arrive, tot, join, summate, tote up, tot up, sum, count, change, come up, measuring stick, substance, body, sum up, nitty-gritty, big, meat, product, batch, meter, quantum, number, cadence, corpus, union, do, measurement, aggregate, arithmetic, significance, step, inwardness, drift, core, measure, bulk, capacity, bounty, mensuration, meaning, purport, bar, standard, amount of money, measuring.
- amount (part of speech: noun)
- price (part of speech: noun)
- "The Fighting Chance", Robert W. Chambers.
- "San-Cravate; or, The Messengers; Little Streams", Charles Paul de Kock.
- "Humanly Speaking", Samuel McChord Crothers.