Definition of ample :
1. Fully sufficient; abundant; liberal; copious; as, an ample fortune; ample justice.
2. Large; great in size, extent, capacity, or bulk; spacious; roomy; widely extended.
3. Not contracted of brief; not concise; extended; diffusive; as, an ample narrative.
healthy, commodious, considerable, broad, deep, racy, goodish, rich, full-bodied, goodly, good, long, tidy, respectable, sizeable, fat, plenitudinous, full, heavy, wide, productive, give, robust, tighten, fertile, study at, hefty, coarse, substantial, wide-cut
large (part of speech: adjective)
gargantuan, sizable, awesome, lofty, magnificent, comprehensive, soaring, majestic, giant, expansive, bulky, voluminous, immense, huge, elephantine, baggy, gigantic, generous, extensive, big, large, capacious, cavernous, impressive, towering, grandiose, colossal, mammoth, copious, tremendous, prodigious, roomy, vast, massive, humongous, enormous, grand, princely, spacious, great
sufficient (part of speech: adjective)
numerous (part of speech: adjective)
- Within the position, behind the copses and undulations, there was ample cover for all troops not employed on the fighting- line; and from the ridge in rear the general could view the field from commanding ground. - "Stonewall Jackson And The American Civil War", G. F. R. Henderson.
- By his will I succeeded to his ample fortune on condition of taking his name. - "The Parisians, Book 6.", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- He was growing old; it would be too late to return to his former life unless he could do so soon, but he must make a fair start with ample means. - "Blake's Burden", Harold Bindloss.