Definition of amply:
- largely (part of speech: adverb)
- sufficiently (part of speech: adverb)
- numerously (part of speech: adverb)
He had at any rate his freedom now; I was never to touch it again; as I had amply shown, moreover, when, on his joining me in the schoolroom the previous night, I had uttered, on the subject of the interval just concluded, neither challenge nor hint.- "The Turn of the Screw", Henry James.
- "The Red Symbol", John Ironside.
- "Bonnie Prince Charlie A Tale of Fontenoy and Culloden", G. A. Henty.