Definition of analogue:
- A species in one genus or group having its characters parallel, one by one, with those of another group.
- A species or genus in one country closely related to a species of the same genus, or a genus of the same group, in another: such species are often called representative species, and such genera, representative genera.
- A word in one language corresponding with one in another; an analogous term; as, the Latin pater is the analogue of the English father.
- An organ which is equivalent in its functions to a different organ in another species or group, or even in the same group; as, the gill of a fish is the analogue of a lung in a quadruped, although the two are not of like structural relations.
- That which is analogous to, or corresponds with, some other thing.
- "The Problem of China", Bertrand Russell.
But if you do not deny this, then you will admit that the action and characters of the poem, as you separately imagine them, are no part of it, but a product of it in your reflective imagination, a faint analogue of one aspect of it taken in detachment from the whole.- "Oxford Lectures on Poetry", Andrew Cecil Bradley.
- "The Radio Amateur's Hand Book", A. Frederick Collins.