Definition of analysis:
- A brief, methodical illustration of the principles of a science. In this sense it is nearly synonymous with synopsis.
- A resolution of anything, whether an object of the senses or of the intellect, into its constituent or original elements; an examination of the component parts of a subject, each separately, as the words which compose a sentence, the tones of a tune, or the simple propositions which enter into an argument. It is opposed to synthesis.
- A syllabus, or table of the principal heads of a discourse, disposed in their natural order.
- The process of ascertaining the name of a species, or its place in a system of classification, by means of an analytical table or key.
- The resolving of problems by reducing the conditions that are in them to equations.
- The tracing of things to their source, and the resolving of knowledge into its original principles.
depth psychology, digest, play-by-play, outline, free association, search, couch, epitome, breakdown, psychoanalysis, check, exposition, survey, report, aversion therapy, synopsis, division, deconstruction, anatomy, analyst, inquiry, analyze, assay, collective unconscious, scrutiny, dissection, summary, abstract, anatomizing, due diligence, compendium, abbreviation, assemble, compend, investigate, ego, consciousness, analyse, judgment, subdivision, inspection, analytic thinking, review, abridgment, separation.
- experiment (part of speech: noun)
- interpretation (part of speech: noun)
- dissertation (part of speech: noun)
- lastly (part of speech: adverb)
thought (part of speech: noun)
- brain work,
- reason (part of speech: noun)
- "Sound Military Decision", U.s. Naval War College.
- "Democracy An American Novel", Henry Adams.
- "Life's Minor Collisions", Frances Warner Gertrude Warner.