Definition of analyze:
- To subject to analysis; to resolve ( anything complex) into its elements; to separate into the constituent parts, for the purpose of an examination of each separately; to examine in such a manner as to ascertain the elements or nature of the thing examined; as, to analyze a fossil substance; to analyze a sentence or a word; to analyze an action to ascertain its morality.
dismember, conk out, lose it, examine, snap, decompose, resolve, give way, collapse, break, break apart, lay bare, go, tumble, fail, discerp, go bad, hit the books, assemble, canvas, crush, poll, canvass, try out, die, dissolve, disintegrate, give out, separate, psychoanalyze, inspect, dismantle, read, psychoanalyse, disassemble, take, scrutinize, crumble, compound, analyse, see, learn, break up, break down, take apart, essay, study, crumple, dissect.
- experiment (part of speech: verb)
- analyze (part of speech: verb)
- interpret (part of speech: verb)
- reason (part of speech: verb)
- think (part of speech: verb)
- "Rose of Dutcher's Coolly", Hamlin Garland.
- "State of the Union Addresses of Jimmy Carter", Jimmy Carter.
I had tried, from the first moment of the proposition to join Company H, to analyze this reluctance in regard to my original company, and had at last confessed to myself that it was due to exaggerated sensitiveness.- "Who Goes There?", Blackwood Ketcham Benson.