Definition of anglican:
- A member of the Church of England.
- English; of or pertaining to England or the English nation; especially, pertaining to, or connected with, the established church of England; as, the church, doctrine, orders, ritual, etc.
- In a restricted sense, a member of the High Church party, or of the more advanced ritualistic section, in the Church of England.
- Pertaining to, characteristic of, or held by, the high church party of the Church of England.
- "The South of France--East Half", Charles Bertram Black.
Not long ago the Council of the Society of Antiquaries issued a memorandum to the bishops and archdeacons of the Anglican Church calling attention to the increasing frequency of the sale of old or obsolete church plate.- "Vanishing England", P. H. Ditchfield.
- "The Duke's Children", Anthony Trollope.