Definition of antagonistic:
ill-sorted, inappropriate, counter, out or keeping, mismated, unfitting, contrastive, alienating, antagonising, negative, support, antagonizing, loth, incompatible, antipathetic, uncongenial, opposed, indisposed, antipathetical, hostile, adversarial, adverse, opposing, antipathetical, averse, unsuited, discrepant.
- contentious (part of speech: adjective)
- discordant (part of speech: adjective)
- conflicting (part of speech: adjective)
- malevolent (part of speech: adjective)
- resentful (part of speech: adjective)
- opposing (part of speech: verb)
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "Analyzing Character", Katherine M. H. Blackford and Arthur Newcomb.
That it is such an expression was held in Colorado in 1904, but by a court composed of only three judges, of whom one, in a dissenting opinion, observed that the decision of his associates " is so repugnant to my notions of civil liberty, so antagonistic to my ideas of a republican form of government, and so shocking to my sense of propriety and justice that I cannot properly characterize it."- "The American Judiciary", Simeon E. Baldwin, LLD.