Definition of anticipated:
- expected (part of speech: verb)
- planned (part of speech: verb)
- preceded (part of speech: verb)
- hoped (part of speech: verb)
As he threw himself from his horse, he looked up at the window, and kissed his hand at Lady Florence, who stood there watching his arrival, with feelings indeed far different from those he anticipated.- "Ernest Maltravers, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "'Firebrand' Trevison", Charles Alden Seltzer.
- "Thirty Years in the Itinerancy", Wesson Gage Miller.