Definition of antiquity:
- A relic or monument of ancient times; as, a coin, a statue, etc.; an ancient institution. [ In this sense, usually in the plural.]
- An old gentleman.
- Ancient times; former ages; times long since past; as, Cicero was an eloquent orator of antiquity.
- Old age.
- The ancients; the people of ancient times.
- The quality of being ancient; ancientness; great age; as, a statue of remarkable antiquity; a family of great antiquity.
basilica, classically, agedness, monument, archaic, collector, newness, antiquated, age, ancient, circus, old age, antique, archaeological, collectible, artefact, Anglo-Saxon, aging, present, collector's item, elderliness, hoariness, collection, ancientness, aged, age-old, artifact, archeological, antiquarian, antediluvian, ancestor, classical, ageing, relic.
This tree completely removed all doubts which I might have entertained, and confirmed me in the opinion I had before expressed, that no correct judgment could be formed of the antiquity of these buildings from the size of the trees growing upon them.- "Incidents of Travel in Yucatan, Vol. I.", John L. Stephens.
- "A tour through some parts of France, Switzerland, Savoy, Germany and Belgium", Richard Boyle Bernard.
- "Modern Magic", Maximilian Schele de Vere.