Definition of ape:
- A dupe.
- A quadrumanous mammal, esp. of the family Simiadae, having teeth of the same number and form as in man, and possessing neither a tail nor cheek pouches. The name is applied esp. to species of the genus Hylobates, and is sometimes used as a general term for all Quadrumana. The higher forms, the gorilla, chimpanzee, and ourang, are often called anthropoid apes or man apes.
- One who imitates servilely ( in allusion to the manners of the ape); a mimic.
- To mimic, as an ape imitates human actions; to imitate or follow servilely or irrationally.
gibbon, travesty, primate, great ape, burlesque, emulator, impersonator, monkey, imitator, anthropoid, orangutan, caricature, baboon, aper, simian, do a takeoff on, same, copycat, siamang, gorilla, chimpanzee.
- conform (part of speech: verb)
- represent (part of speech: verb)
- imitate (part of speech: verb)
- "The Love-Chase", James Sheridan Knowles.
- "A Cynic Looks at Life Little Blue Book #1099", Ambrose Bierce.
- "The Best Psychic Stories", Various.