Definition of aphrodite :
1. A beautiful butterfly ( Argunnis Aphrodite) of the United States.
2. A large marine annelid, covered with long, lustrous, golden, hairlike setae; the sea mouse.
3. The Greek goddess of love, corresponding to the Venus of the Romans.
pagan deity (part of speech: noun)
Gaea, Artemis, Zeus, brownie, elf, Diana, Hear, Pluto, Apollo, nixie, Gaia, troll, pixie, Kronos, fairy, Jove, gnome, Juno, Dionysus, Phoebus, Mars, dryad, Demeter, Hephaestus, Hyperion, wood nymph, deity, Thor, Poseidon, Vulcan, Bacchus, mermaid, Helios, Rhea, Saturn, Minerva, Venus, banshee, Jupiter, Ares, nix, Athena, Cupid, Persephone, Proserpina, Hermes, Cronus, Nike, Eros, sprite, hobgoblin, Ceres, nymph
- Madly thou mockest men, dread Aphrodite. - "The Seven Plays in English Verse", Sophocles.
- Aphrodite came with the spring, and so came Joan. - "A Son of the Immortals", Louis Tracy.
- Dionysus in Zeus, for instance, Asklepios in Apollo, the Charites in Aphrodite. - "Five Stages of Greek Religion", Gilbert Murray.