Definition of apostolical :
1. According to the doctrines of the apostles; delivered or taught by the apostles; as, apostolic faith or practice.
2. Pertaining to an apostle, or to the apostles, their times, or their peculiar spirit; as, an apostolical mission; the apostolic age.
- That was an instance of supreme presence of mind and great dramatic force; but one is not sure whether it was a wholly apostolical method of handling the position. - "At Large", Arthur Christopher Benson.
- As I cannot record by name all those who received the first succession of the Apostles as pastors and evangelists in the Churches throughout the world, I will mention those only where tradition of apostolical doctrine is carried down to us by actual memorials. - "Church and State as Seen in the Formation of Christendom", T. W. Allies.
- After an absence of two months the Dominican returned, with an attestation, witnessed by persons who had been attached to the late royal household, and countersigned by the apostolical notary, as a proof of the document's genuineness. - "Claimants to Royalty", John H. Ingram.