Definition of apparatus:
- A collection of organs all of which unite in a common function; as, the respiratory apparatus.
- Hence: A full collection or set of implements, or utensils, for a given duty, experimental or operative; any complex instrument or appliance, mechanical or chemical, for a specific action or operation; machinery; mechanism.
- of Apparatus
- Things provided as means to some end.
- "Invaders from the Infinite", John Wood Campbell.
" As president of the International Health Exhibition, I am glad that the Council of this Institute have been able to place at the disposal of the Council of the Health Exhibition a portion of this building for the exhibition of apparatus and appliances used in technical and other schools.- "Speeches and Addresses of H. R. H. the Prince of Wales: 1863-1888", Edward VII.
- "Mr. Meeson's Will", H. Rider Haggard.