Definition of apparition :
1. An unexpected, wonderful, or preternatural appearance; a ghost; a specter; a phantom.
2. The act of becoming visible; appearance; visibility.
3. The first appearance of a star or other luminary after having been invisible or obscured; - opposed to occultation.
4. The thing appearing; a visible object; a form.
biblical revelation (part of speech: noun)
emergence, inspiration, apotheosis, oracle, prophecy, issuance, discovery, gospel, revelation, appearance, epiphany, manifestation, revealment, disclosure, materialization, vision, coming, apocalypse, evidence
unsubstantiality (part of speech: noun)
intangibility, impalpability, unreality, spectre, nullity, emptiness, nihility, cipher, insignificance, mirage, vacuity, nothingness, nonexistence, ethereality, zero, tenuousness, vacancy, immateriality
ghost (part of speech: noun)
Dracula, werewolf, bogey man, chimera, succubus, illusion, myth, ghost, shadow, hobgoblin, specter, daemon, incubus, Frankenstein, bugaboo, nightmare, monster, phantasm, phantom, spirit, ogre, ghoul, terror, bugbear, horror, vampire
- The child- apparition appeared beside its living sister one day while the sister was going from the yard into the house, and it followed her in. - "The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries", W. Y. Evans Wentz.
- When first seen, both it and the wapiti were beyond the reach of their rifles; and the hunters, surprised by such an unexpected apparition, had suddenly halted. - "Popular Adventure Tales", Mayne Reid.
- The citizens of Brussels contemplated with dismay the eccentric and threatening apparition. - "Project Gutenberg History of The Netherlands, 1555-1623, Complete", John Lothrop Motley.