Definition of appeal :
1. A call upon a person or an authority for proof or decision, in one's favor; reference to another as witness; a call for help or a favor; entreaty.
2. A summons to answer to a charge.
3. An accusation of a felon at common law by one of his accomplices, which accomplice was then called an approver. See Approvement.
4. An accusation; a process which formerly might be instituted by one private person against another for some heinous crime demanding punishment for the particular injury suffered, rather than for the offense against the public.
5. An application for the removal of a cause or suit from an inferior to a superior judge or court for reexamination or review.
6. Resort to physical means; recourse.
7. The mode of proceeding by which such removal is effected.
8. The right of appeal.
9. To apply for the removal of a cause from an inferior to a superior judge or court for the purpose of reexamination of for decision.
10. To call upon another to decide a question controverted, to corroborate a statement, to vindicate one's rights, etc.; as, I appeal to all mankind for the truth of what is alleged. Hence: To call on one for aid; to make earnest request.
11. To charge with a crime; to accuse; to institute a private criminal prosecution against for some heinous crime; as, to appeal a person of felony.
12. To invoke.
13. To make application for the removal of ( a cause) from an inferior to a superior judge or court for a rehearing or review on account of alleged injustice or illegality in the trial below. We say, the cause was appealed from an inferior court.
14. To summon; to challenge.
seductiveness, set a trend, urge on, accumulation, like, assembling, orison, call down, cause, bring, be in demand, claim, law, insist on something, spell, witchery, pleading, hail, force field, recourse, cite, case, importunity, pizzazz, draw in, suppliance, arraign, submission, come back, desirability, bring before, overture, revive, convince, cost, encourage, dissent, appealingness, call forth, arouse, supplicant, court, proposition, collection, apostrophize, prevail on, class action, character, charisma, evoke, magic, ingathering, glamour, imploration, order, adjuration, compendium, glitz, prod, pull in, conjure, good looks, appear, woo, salute, conjure up, allow, ask for, glamor, spur, refusal, animal magnetism, attract, speak to, action, ask, oomph, magical spell, aggregation, persuade, come in, captivation, assemblage, grow on, committal, put forward, invoke, catch on, court-martial, motion, duende, stir, cry, conjuration, raise, bring up, call, motivate, enchantment, collecting, denial, boom, go down a storm, interest, affirm, proposal, dissuade, magic spell, good luck charm
appeal (part of speech: verb)
plea, supplicate, application, invitation, plead, apply, beseech, solicitation, implore, accost, invite, invocation, approach, prayer, bid, buttonhole, beg, entreat, greet, petition, entice, supplication, request, entreaty, address, solicit
plea (part of speech: noun)
request (part of speech: verb)
attraction (part of speech: noun)