Definition of appetite :
1. Any strong desire; an eagerness or longing.
2. Desire for, or relish of, food or drink; hunger.
3. Tendency; appetency.
4. The desire for some personal gratification, either of the body or of the mind.
5. The thing desired.
longing, hungry, desirousness, proclivity, propensity, on an empty stomach, famishment, munchies, weakness, satiety, letch, ravenousness, inclination, excitement, impatience, hunger, thirst, yearning, emptiness, dryness, love, liking, stomach, like, shine, enthusiasm, fancy, favor, appetency, impulse, partiality, passion, drive, belly, ravenous, craving, avidity, thirstiness, voracity, desire, starvation, ache, peckish, pining, water, lust, relish, avidness, preference, zest, urge, indifference, appetence, keenness, disposition, starving, ardor, fondness, wish, famine, itch, use, jones, proneness, yen, love affair
desire (part of speech: noun)
- She ate her luncheon with a good appetite, which the sorrows of neither Mrs. West nor Queen Mary could take away from her. - "The Heather-Moon", C. N. Williamson and A. M. Williamson.
- I had found a fresh appetite during my sleep, and I ate heartily, though it was the middle of the night! - "The Boy Tar", Mayne Reid.
- " Well, child, I hope you've brought an appetite with you," said Mervyn, as they sat down. - "The Heath Hover Mystery", Bertram Mitford.