Definition of apportion:
get by, measure out, conduct, parcel out, consider, sell, lot, make out, take, manage, share, contend, shell out, admeasure, collect, deal out, divvy up, award, set apart, appoint, grant, grapple, portion out, allocate, plow, look at, mete out, partake, partake in, carry on, address, treat, cover, handle, cope, administer, select, destine, trade, deal, dish out, make do, dole out, care.
- allot (part of speech: verb)
- portion (part of speech: verb)
- "The Last Hope", Henry Seton Merriman.
- "Brother Copas", Sir Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch.
- "Kept for the Master's Use", Frances Ridley Havergal.