Definition of appraise:
prize, evaluate, price, valuate, study at, prise, measure out, treasure, assay, appreciate, size up, review, assess, respect, follow, measure, mensurate, value, tax, pass judgment, surveil, take the measure of, go over, esteem, survey.
calculate (part of speech: verb)
- measure (part of speech: verb)
- think (part of speech: verb)
- judge (part of speech: verb)
All loved that light and held it dear That had this partial grace; But the adoring priests alone who lived By day and night submerged in its immortal glow Knew all its power and depth, and could appraise the loss If it should fade and fail and come no more.- "The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg and Other Stories", Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) Last Updated: February 18, 2009.
- "Point Spread Poems", Paul Cameron Brown.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.