Definition of appreciate :
1. To be sensible of; to distinguish.
2. To raise the value of; to increase the market price of; - opposed to depreciate.
3. To rise in value. [ See note under Rise, v. i.]
4. To set a price or value on; to estimate justly; to value.
measure, thank, deem, prise, respond to, care for, understand, give notice, regard, respect, praise, notify, advise, extol, apprize, hold, treasure, consider, cherish, send word, evaluate, acknowledge, calculate, prize, welcome, apprise, lever, honor, estimate, take account, minimize, rate, assess, pry, think, applaud, hold dear, valuate, value, recognize, instruct, comprehend, jimmy, appraise, complain, revalue, apprehend
like (part of speech: verb)
- They are the last roses, but my first, so you can imagine how much I appreciate them. - "The Song of Songs", Hermann Sudermann.
- She was recalled by Mrs. Fiske's saying with a soft earnestness, " I want you to know, Miss Marshall, how I appreciate your kindness to me!" - "The Bent Twig", Dorothy Canfield.
- If any one is to appreciate this world, we must appreciate it and pass the old secret on. - "The Lost Art of Reading", Gerald Stanley Lee.