Definition of appropriate:
- A property; attribute.
- Set apart for a particular use or person. Hence: Belonging peculiarly; peculiar; suitable; fit; proper.
- To annex, as a benefice, to a spiritual corporation, as its property.
- To make suitable; to suit.
- To set apart for, or assign to, a particular person or use, in exclusion of all others; - with to or for; as, a spot of ground is appropriated for a garden; to appropriate money for the increase of the navy.
- To take to one's self in exclusion of others; to claim or use as by an exclusive right; as, let no man appropriate the use of a common benefit.
inhibit, clutch, get hold of, purloin, enamor, curb, suspend, suppress, distract, entrance, called for, arrogate, allow, seize, permit, allow for, captivate, expedient, take away, separate, hold, enchant, admit, trance, enamour, fit to, happy, take over, due, suited, apposite, countenance, divert, abstract, withdraw, proper, grant, remove, let, in order, suitable, book, bewitch, sequester, provide, assume, befitting, rightful, charm, merited, beguile, prehend, fit, agree, just, meet, pertinent, steal, good, give up, fascinate, tolerate, right, conquer, deserved, set aside, fir for, becharm, congruent, stamp down, advantageous, distinguish, capture, congruous, detach, reserve, tailor-made, eliminate, becoming, leave, usurp, subdue, discriminate, harmonious, apt, take into account, pat, attach, earmark.
- opportune (part of speech: adjective)
- suitable (part of speech: adjective)
- proper (part of speech: adjective)
- relevant (part of speech: adjective)
- take (part of speech: verb)
- acceptable (part of speech: adjective)
- borrow (part of speech: verb)
utilizable (part of speech: adjective)
- at hand,
- "For the Allinson Honor", Harold Bindloss.
- "Sweet Cicely Or Josiah Allen as a Politician", Josiah Allen's Wife (Marietta Holley).
- "The Flirt", Booth Tarkington.