Definition of approve:
- To make or show to be worthy of approbation or acceptance.
- To make profit of; to convert to one's own profit; - said esp. of waste or common land appropriated by the lord of the manor.
- To make proof of; to demonstrate; to prove or show practically.
- To regard as good; to commend; to be pleased with; to think well of; as, we approve the measured of the administration.
- To sanction officially; to ratify; to confirm; as, to approve the decision of a court- martial.
- To show to be real or true; to prove.
accredit, wonder, respect, veto, venerate, countenance, honor, charter, reject, second, recognize, vote for, adopt, hold with, agree to, establish, esteem, enjoy, o.k., subscribe to, uphold, okay, seal, go for, go along with, law, advocate, appreciate, encourage, revere, legalize, favor, sign, pass, delight in, love, sanction, adore.
- consent (part of speech: verb)
- approve (part of speech: verb)
- permit (part of speech: verb)
- praise (part of speech: verb)
- agree (part of speech: verb)
- authorize (part of speech: verb)
- affirm (part of speech: verb)