Definition of apt:
- Fit or fitted; suited; suitable; appropriate.
- Having an habitual tendency; habitually liable or likely; - used of things.
- Inclined; disposed customarily; given; ready; - used of persons.
- Ready; especially fitted or qualified ( to do something); quick to learn; prompt; expert; as, a pupil apt to learn; an apt scholar.
- To fit; to suit; to adapt.
intelligent, proper, quick-witted, bright, ingenious, skilful, gifted, minded, intellectual, sharp, becoming, knowing, correct, study at, cagy, smart, keen, tending, cagey, right, meet, befitting, tailor-made, quick, given, canny, happy, felicitous.
- skillful (part of speech: adjective)
- probable (part of speech: adjective)
- susceptibility (part of speech: noun)
- susceptible (part of speech: adjective)
- predisposed (part of speech: adjective)
- relevant (part of speech: adjective)
- expedient (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Chautauqua Girls At Home", Pansy, AKA Isabella M. Alden.
- "Back To Billabong", Mary Grant Bruce.
- "Fishing and Shooting Sketches", Grover Cleveland.