Definition of aptness:
- Disposition of the mind; propensity; as, the aptness of men to follow example.
- Fitness; suitableness; appropriateness; as, the aptness of things to their end.
- Proneness; tendency; as, the aptness of iron to rust.
- Quickness of apprehension; readiness in learning; docility; as, an aptness to learn is more observable in some children than in others.
way, felicitousness, propensity, gift, genius, flair, properness, faculty, head, happiness, fittingness, appositeness, knack, suitableness, talent, approach, instinct, turn, rightness, seemliness, ability, aptitude.
- expedience (part of speech: noun)
- probability (part of speech: noun)
- tendency (part of speech: noun)
- fitness (part of speech: noun)
- "The Young Forester", Zane Grey.
- "Roderick Hudson", Henry James.
Who knows how,- in this spiritual Kindergarten of a world,- the rudiments of all small human devices were set in human faculty and aptness for its own object- teaching toward a perfect heavenly enlightenment?- "The Other Girls", Mrs. A. D. T. Whitney.