Definition of aquatic :
1. An aquatic animal or plant.
2. Pertaining to water; growing in water; living in, swimming in, or frequenting the margins of waters; as, aquatic plants and fowls.
3. Sports or exercises practiced in or on the water.
articulate, saltwater, androgynous, asexual, anthropoid, natatory, fishlike, marine, sea, maritime, arboreal, water, oceanic, amphibious, bubbly, semiaquatic, gassy, of the sea, watery, submarine, subaqueous, crystalline, best-of-breed, amphibian, liquid, caged, aqueous, subaquatic, fluid, submersed, submerged, fizzy, floating, deep-sea, gaseous, sunken, captive, powdered, underwater
- Primitive, aquatic and before life. - "The American Nations, Vol. I.", C. S. Rafinesque.
- Ducks, geese and other aquatic birds are often seen in large flocks, but are universally so shy, that it is found difficult to shoot them. - "A Complete Account of the Settlement at Port Jackson", Watkin Tench.
- The teleosts are a highly specialized type, adapted most perfectly to their aquatic environment. - "The Elements of Geology", William Harmon Norton.