Definition of architect :
1. A contriver, designer, or maker.
2. A person skilled in the art of building; one who understands architecture, or makes it his occupation to form plans and designs of buildings, and to superintend the artificers employed.
fashion designer, mastermind, intriguer, engineer, graphic designer, couturier, artist, the brains behind something, mechanical engineer, civil engineer, starchitect, start, interior designer, builder, house decorator, room decorator, organizer, draftsman, founder, interior decorator, conspirator, clothes designer, planner, entrepreneur, patriarch, strategist, schemer, decorator, structural engineer, parent, designer, prime mover
producer (part of speech: noun)
- Sometimes it is the architect that places yet another brick upon the palace of the future. - "A Novelist on Novels", W. L. George.
- This method aside, since the determination must be made according to the individuality of the architect, what method shall we follow? - "Essay on the Creative Imagination", Th. Ribot.
- " It was that architect fellow's fault, my buildin' this house," said David ruefully. - "Clover and Blue Grass", Eliza Calvert Hall.