Definition of ardent:
- Having the appearance or quality of fire; fierce; glowing; shining; as, ardent eyes.
- Hot or burning; causing a sensation of burning; fiery; as, ardent spirits, that is, distilled liquors; an ardent fever.
- Warm, applied to the passions and affections; passionate; fervent; zealous; vehement; as, ardent love, feelings, zeal, hope, temper.
fiery, scalding, sizzling, impetuous, passionate, gung ho, impatient, importunate, broiling, athirst, sultry, feelings, tender, bursting, heated, fervid, crazy, blistering, constant, hot, thirsty, true, torrid, searing, roasting, affectionate, lovesome, faithful, nuts, rabid, blazing, quick, mad, impassioned, igneous, study at, keen, avid, glowing, solicitous, flaming, hot-blooded, boiling, concern, dithyrambic, bright, enthusiastic, intent, sweltering, red-hot, baking, raring, fervent, vehement, warm, perfervid, intense, agog, scorching, loyal, burning.
- excitable (part of speech: adjective)
- energetic (part of speech: adjective)
- excited (part of speech: adjective)
vigorous (part of speech: adjective)
- emotional (part of speech: adjective)
- enthusiastic (part of speech: adjective)
- desirous (part of speech: adjective)
- "Paris From the "Three Cities"", Emile Zola.
Half unconsciously, she listened to his ardent wooing, her eyes shut, as he spoke quickly, passionately, his breath warm upon her cheek: " Shirley, I offer you all the devotion a man can give a woman.- "The Lion and the Mouse A Story of an American Life", Charles Klein.
- "Fickle Fortune", Elisabeth Burstenbinder (AKA E. Werner).