Definition of area :
1. A spot or small marked space; as, the germinative area.
2. An extent of surface; a tract of the earth's surface; a region; as, vast uncultivated areas.
3. Any plane surface, as of the floor of a room or church, or of the ground within an inclosure; an open space in a building.
4. Extent; scope; range; as, a wide area of thought.
5. The inclosed space on which a building stands.
6. The sunken space or court, giving ingress and affording light to the basement of a building.
7. The superficial contents of any figure; the surface included within any given lines; superficial extent; as, the area of a square or a triangle.
knowledge domain, airfield, cranial orbit, airspace, world, welkin, sphere of influence, scene, field of operation, belt, Co., ambit, ward, specialty, plain, parish, bowl, line of business, battleground, corridor, sweep, part, field of battle, business, flying field, fiefdom, stadium, bit, near, theater of operations, body politic, firmament, are, field of operations, demesne, electron orbit, orbital cavity, subject field, discipline, BMI, vault of heaven, barony, cubic, ct., breadbasket, scene of action, subject, meridian, neck of the woods, playing field, celestial orbit, piece, bushel, knowledge base, substructure, field of study, fief, principality, theatre, block, centigram, sports stadium, field of view, department, vicinity, diocese, landing field, walk, operation, celestial sphere, portion, cu., terrain, compass, athletic field, rural area, the borderland, surface area, carat, heavens, empyrean, land, distance, game, force field, subdivision, eye socket, square, study, res publica, element, front, subject area, field of honor, orbit, sphere, bag, township, champaign, line, segment, theatre of operations, playing area, unit, field of force, domain of a function, detail
region (part of speech: noun)
duchy, municipality, Shire, place, town, division, commonweal, locality, riding, borough, state, earldom, lot, dukedom, city, nation, country, plot, kingdom, county, empire, tract, colony, canton, parcel
extent (part of speech: noun)
regional (part of speech: adjective)
size (part of speech: noun)
arena (part of speech: noun)
circus, auditorium, bailiwick, amphitheater, battle-ground, enclosure, circle, locale, campus, circuit, hippodrome, courtyard, gymnasium, gallery, pen, battlefield, theater, hall, stage, precinct, dominion, setting, ground, ring, beat, realm, Colosseum, arena, turf, province
quarter (part of speech: noun)
area (part of speech: noun)