Definition of argue:
- To blame; to accuse; to charge with.
- To contend in argument; to dispute; to reason; - followed by with; as, you may argue with your friend without convincing him.
- To debate or discuss; to treat by reasoning; as, the counsel argued the cause before a full court; the cause was well argued.
- To invent and offer reasons to support or overthrow a proposition, opinion, or measure; to use arguments; to reason.
- To persuade by reasons; as, to argue a man into a different opinion.
- To prove or evince; too manifest or exhibit by inference, deduction, or reasoning.
reason out, state, palisade, get by, indicate, establish, affirm, compete, manage, allege, persuasion, reason, bespeak, declare, witness, justify, make do, maintain, talk into, assert, plead, beg, claim, deliberate, entreat, implore, consider, tangle, moot, grapple, point to, induce, wall, get, explain, solicit, convince, demonstrate, fight, appeal, spat, point, avouch, testify, deal, tiff, bring, surround, hold, study at, clarify, press, elucidate, present, mark, cope, aver, signal, turn over, contest, make out, squabble, suggest, repugn, talk about, words, ask, advocate, conclude, say, postulate, contend, attest, show, designate, avow, beseech, quibble, betoken, fence, asseverate, urge, debate, fence in, persuade.
- contend (part of speech: verb)
- defend (part of speech: verb)
- disagree (part of speech: verb)
- converse (part of speech: verb)
- "Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1896 to 1901", Lucy Maud Montgomery.
- "The Home and the World", Rabindranath Tagore.
- "The Red Cross Girls with Pershing to Victory", Margaret Vandercook.