Definition of aristocrat :
1. One of the aristocracy or people of rank in a community; one of a ruling class; a noble.
2. One who favors an aristocracy as a form of government, or believes the aristocracy should govern.
3. One who is overbearing in his temper or habits; a proud or haughty person.
hereditary noble, don, marquis, earl, lady, noblewoman, prince, baroness, count, silk-stocking, queen, emperor, patrician, peer, peeress, aristocracy, gentle, marquise, member of the ruling class, magnifico, grandee, lord, duchess, king, empress, countess, optimate, princess, swell, viscountess, noble, consort, marquess, archduke, titled person, thoroughbred, baron, person of fashion, viscount, royalty, blue blood, chevalier, hidalgo, marchioness, baronet, baronetcy, knight, duke
- Do you know, Dick, in spite of father's ideas respecting our old English aristocracy, I have sometimes felt, in Mr. Adeler's presence, that he, though a Jew, was a thousand times more of an aristocrat than I?" - "The Sins of Séverac Bablon", Sax Rohmer.
- Any gleam of generous ambition, any sign of strenuous energy, which might save a young aristocrat from the temptations of ease and wealth, were hailed by him with unaffected delight. - "Roman Society from Nero to Marcus Aurelius", Samuel Dill.
- This is our own fault, he exclaimed angrily, for having ever permitted an aristocrat to hold any place in our counsels! - "The Devil's Paw", E. Phillips Oppenheim.