Definition of armed :
1. Furnished with weapons of offense or defense; furnished with the means of security or protection.
2. Furnished with whatever serves to add strength, force, or efficiency.
3. Having horns, beak, talons, etc; - said of beasts and birds of prey.
4. of Arm
thorny, one-armed, armlike, barbellate, burred, briary, deploy, arm, transliterate, spiny, militarized, briery, arsenal, brachiate, armorer, gifted, defuse, expert, heavily armed, brandish, armaments, armed to the teeth, fitted out, well-armed, accoutered, in battle formation, armament, artillery, girded, militarised, brushlike, experienced, bristled, under arms, armory, accomplished, bristly, fortified, provided with arms, loaded, detonation, light-armed, good, barbed, ammunition, burry, ammo, armoury, prickly, thistlelike, able, outfitted, arms, protected, draw, clawed, capable, equipped, duel, assault, skillful, taloned, weaponed, bristlelike, in arms
deputized (part of speech: verb)
- " But you are not armed," said Thorn, impatiently: " why don't you get ready? - "Queechy, Volume II", Elizabeth Wetherell.
- " Tell him I shall be armed. - "David Elginbrod", George MacDonald.
- I was of course ready in an instant, and armed, and accompanied by my wife and Mr. Baker, I really enjoyed the beauty of the scene in that moment of anxiety. - "Ismailia", Samuel W. Baker.