Definition of armor :
1. Defensive arms for the body; any clothing or covering worn to protect one's person in battle.
2. Steel or iron covering, whether of ships or forts, protecting them from the fire of artillery.
defense (part of speech: noun)
defense, aversion, backfire, answer, barricade, moat, countermeasure, retort, counterattack, cover, response, guard, reply, protection, return, barrier, support, resistance, stronghold, safeguard, harbor, shield, rebuttal, shelter, buffer, security, fortress, argument, wall, screen
shell (part of speech: noun)
- " I hear them call," cried the dying man, His eyes grew full of light; " Now bring me here my warrior robes, My sword and armor bright. - "Poems", Frances E. W. Harper.
- The Countess Martin recognized at once a banal and doubtful collection; she felt bored among the multitude of little Parrocels, showing in the darkness a bit of armor and a white horse. - "The Red Lily, v2", Anatole France.
- " I feel like a sort of knight putting on my armor," he said to himself. - "The Children of Wilton Chase", Mrs. L. T. Meade.