Definition of arms:
- Anything which a man takes in his hand in anger, to strike or assault another with; an aggressive weapon.
- Instruments or weapons of offense or defense.
- The deeds or exploits of war; military service or science.
- The ensigns armorial of a family, consisting of figures and colors borne in shields, banners, etc., as marks of dignity and distinction, and descending from father to son.
- The legs of a hawk from the thigh to the foot.
mail, weaponry, munition, crest, coat of arms, active duty, blazon, ensign, weapons system, pennon, be armed, weapons, serve in the military, signet, accouterments, insignia, ordnance, soldier, scutcheon, ordnance store, harness, armor, arm, be militant, escutcheon, fight, blazonry, fortification, implements of war.
deputies (part of speech: noun)
- weapons (part of speech: noun)
- deputizes (part of speech: verb)
- "The Auto Boys' Vacation", James A. Braden.
- "The Valley of Vision", Henry Van Dyke.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.