Definition of around:
- From one part to another of; at random through; about; on another side of; as, to travel around the country; a house standing around the corner.
- In a circle; circularly; on every side; round.
- In a circuit; here and there within the surrounding space; all about; as, to travel around from town to town.
- Near; in the neighborhood; as, this man was standing around when the fight took place.
- On all sides of; encircling; encompassing; so as to make the circuit of; about.
round, throughout, living, over, nearly, live, precede, well-nigh, most, approximately, alive, nearby, sophisticated, rough, backward, neighboring, just about, more or less, existing, close to, existent, about, approach, backwards, throughout, roughly, rearward, or so, somewhat, near, knowledgeable, extant, experienced, some, almost, nigh, through, slightly, virtually, back, here and there, part.