Definition of around :
1. From one part to another of; at random through; about; on another side of; as, to travel around the country; a house standing around the corner.
2. In a circle; circularly; on every side; round.
3. In a circuit; here and there within the surrounding space; all about; as, to travel around from town to town.
4. Near; in the neighborhood; as, this man was standing around when the fight took place.
5. On all sides of; encircling; encompassing; so as to make the circuit of; about.
more or less, existing, roughly, somewhat, round, living, over, here and there, knowledgeable, extant, backward, just about, alive, well-nigh, rough, about, live, backwards, precede, part, through, throughout, nigh, approach, or so, close to, existent, near, almost, most, back, nearly, sophisticated, neighboring, experienced, rearward, approximately, some, slightly, nearby, virtually