Definition of arrangement:
- A piece so adapted; a transcription; as, a pianoforte arrangement of Beethoven's symphonies; an orchestral arrangement of a song, an opera, or the like.
- Preparatory proceeding or measure; preparation; as, we have made arrangement for receiving company.
- Settlement; adjustment by agreement; as, the parties have made an arrangement between themselves concerning their disputes; a satisfactory arrangement.
- The act of arranging or putting in an orderly condition; the state of being arranged or put in order; disposition in suitable form.
- The adaptation of a composition to voices or instruments for which it was not originally written.
- The manner or result of arranging; system of parts disposed in due order; regular and systematic classification; as, arrangement of one's dress; the Linnaean arrangement of plants.
sight, battle array, medium, emplacement, positioning, locating, written text, categorization, administration, pattern, system of rules, agree, version, grouping, show, placement, transcription, system, order of battle, instrumentation, ordering, parade, line of battle, arranging, organization, give-and-take, governing body, provision, deployment, accommodation, collection, form, agreement, distribution, lineup, adjustment, bargain, correspondence, classification, army, combination, brass, governance, harmonization, disposal, musical arrangement, exhibition, compromise, recording, planned, organisation, establishment, adaptation.
- order (part of speech: noun)
- promise (part of speech: noun)
- structure (part of speech: noun)
- preparation (part of speech: noun)
- music (part of speech: noun)
- agreement (part of speech: noun)
- situation (part of speech: noun)
- plan (part of speech: noun)
- sequence (part of speech: noun)
- "A Holiday in the Happy Valley with Pen and Pencil", T. R. Swinburne.
- "Super Man and the Bug Out", Cory Doctorow.
- "A Hazard of New Fortunes", William Dean Howells.