Definition of arrangement :
1. A piece so adapted; a transcription; as, a pianoforte arrangement of Beethoven's symphonies; an orchestral arrangement of a song, an opera, or the like.
2. Preparatory proceeding or measure; preparation; as, we have made arrangement for receiving company.
3. Settlement; adjustment by agreement; as, the parties have made an arrangement between themselves concerning their disputes; a satisfactory arrangement.
4. The act of arranging or putting in an orderly condition; the state of being arranged or put in order; disposition in suitable form.
5. The adaptation of a composition to voices or instruments for which it was not originally written.
6. The manner or result of arranging; system of parts disposed in due order; regular and systematic classification; as, arrangement of one's dress; the Linnaean arrangement of plants.
parade, correspondence, musical arrangement, instrumentation, ordering, governance, give-and-take, sight, collection, administration, army, provision, system of rules, compromise, recording, locating, transcription, written text, accommodation, brass, exhibition, organisation, adaptation, adjustment, governing body, planned, lineup, show, agree, categorization, medium, order of battle, classification, version, line of battle, form, bargain, emplacement, distribution, combination, grouping, arranging, battle array, pattern, disposal, positioning, deployment, establishment, harmonization
order (part of speech: noun)
promise (part of speech: noun)
structure (part of speech: noun)
preparation (part of speech: noun)
music (part of speech: noun)
concerto, ballad, ballet, air, bebop, instrumental, composition, psalm, chorus, concert, music, harmony, lyric, jazz, quartet, blues, tune, melody, syncopation, score, hymn, symphony, lullaby, song, carol, sonata, ditty, aria, vocalization, serenade
agreement (part of speech: noun)
accordance, acquiescence, empathy, capitulation, bond, concord, accession, concurrence, consensus, promise, understanding, consent, assent, pledge, contract, compact, treaty, agreement, covenant, pact, settlement, stipulation, unanimity, deal, acceptance, concordance, accord
situation (part of speech: noun)
disposition, style, ambience, condition, state, mode, post, formation, situation, location, spot, configuration, placement, environment, aspect, property, position, scene, site, standing, quality, layout, station, circumstance, modality, status
plan (part of speech: noun)
sequence (part of speech: noun)
legacy, queue, subsequence, sequence, thread, gamut, consecutiveness, procession, string, array, succession, lineage, progression, line, concatenation, rank, consequence, series, linkage, course, link, train, consecution, chain, sequel
- I soon found, however, that the worthy Sabz Ali did not at all approve of the arrangement. - "A Holiday in the Happy Valley with Pen and Pencil", T. R. Swinburne.
- " I've been giving some thought to your payment arrangement. - "Super Man and the Bug Out", Cory Doctorow.
- " Yes, we've got a little arrangement of that sort with March here," said Fulkerson. - "A Hazard of New Fortunes", William Dean Howells.