Definition of arrogance:
- The act or habit of arrogating, or making undue claims in an overbearing manner; that species of pride which consists in exorbitant claims of rank, dignity, estimation, or power, or which exalts the worth or importance of the person to an undue degree; proud contempt of others; lordliness; haughtiness; self- assumption; presumption.
impudence, highhandedness, pridefulness, loftiness, superciliousness, high-handedness, dignity, trust, pride, assertion, proudness, self-assertion, haughtiness, presumption, assurance, lordliness, gravitas, overbearingness, self-reliance, hauteur, self-confidence, superiority, confidence, assumption, attitude.
- insolence (part of speech: noun)
pride (part of speech: noun)
- air of superiority,
- high horse,
- stiff neck,
- "Plutarch's Lives Volume III.", Plutarch.
- "NAPOLEON AND BLUCHER", L. Muhlbach.
- "Curiosities of Literature, Vol. 1 (of 3)", Isaac D'Israeli.