Definition of arrogant:
- Containing arrogance; marked with arrogance; proceeding from undue claims or self- importance; - applied to things; as, arrogant pretensions or behavior.
- Making, or having the disposition to make, exorbitant claims of rank or estimation; giving one's self an undue degree of importance; assuming; haughty; - applied to persons.
compulsive, supreme, positive, unequivocal, irresponsible, attitude, exacting, chesty, unconditional, egotistic, lofty, dogmatic, supercilious, superior, absolute, self-important, compulsory, superior, study atproud, controlling, coercive, arbitrary, high-and-mighty, overweening, proud, prideful, imperative, big-chested, lordly.
- authoritative (part of speech: adjective)
- insolent (part of speech: adjective)
- tyrannical (part of speech: adjective)
- boastful (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "Castle Richmond", Anthony Trollope.
Meanwhile his obligation, his relationship, and her age made it natural, or rather imperative, that he should be often in her house; but when he was with her the touch of arrogant brutality in her nature, especially towards servants and dependants, roused him almost to fury.- "Lady Rose's Daughter", Mrs. Humphry Ward.