Definition of artfulness:
- intuition (part of speech: noun)
- skill (part of speech: noun)
- style (part of speech: noun)
wit (part of speech: noun)
- cunning (part of speech: noun)
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
And he was struck above all by her timidity in revealing her body, her artfulness in retaining, even when in his arms, those laces and fripperies which were supposed to create a filmy haze all around her: a haze through which he was well able to see that she was no longer the girl of twelve years ago....- "The Twilight of the Souls", Louis Couperus.
- "Tropic Days", E. J. Banfield.