Definition of article:
- A distinct part.
- A distinct portion of an instrument, discourse, literary work, or any other writing, consisting of two or more particulars, or treating of various topics; as, an article in the Constitution. Hence: A clause in a contract, system of regulations, treaty, or the like; a term, condition, or stipulation in a contract; a concise statement; as, articles of agreement.
- A literary composition, forming an independent portion of a magazine, newspaper, or cyclopedia.
- A particular one of various things; as, an article of merchandise; salt is a necessary article.
- One of the segments of an articulated appendage.
- One of the three words, a, an, the, used before nouns to limit or define their application. A ( or an) is called the indefinite article, the the definite article.
- Precise point of time; moment.
- Subject; matter; concern; distinct.
- To accuse or charge by an exhibition of articles.
- To agree by articles; to stipulate; to bargain; to covenant.
- To bind by articles of covenant or stipulation; as, to article an apprentice to a mechanic.
- To formulate in articles; to set forth in distinct particulars.
phrase, expression, editorial, clause, study, exposition, particular, chapter, name, word, stipulation, point, denomination, column, detail.
condition (part of speech: noun)
dissertation (part of speech: noun)
component (part of speech: noun)
merchandise (part of speech: noun)
substance (part of speech: noun)
report (part of speech: noun)