Definition of asceticism:
- asceticism (part of speech: noun)
- poverty (part of speech: noun)
- temperance (part of speech: noun)
- celibacy (part of speech: noun)
- "The Reconciliation of Races and Religions", Thomas Kelly Cheyne.
- "Emerson and Other Essays", John Jay Chapman.
These links are chiefly made by the individual through his reading; and such reading- such access to humanity's hoarded culture and experience- has always been declared alike by Christian and non- Christian asceticism to be one of the proper helps of the spiritual life.- "The Life of the Spirit and the Life of To-day", Evelyn Underhill.