Definition of ask:
- A water newt.
- To interrogate or inquire of or concerning; to put a question to or about; to question.
- To invite; as, to ask one to an entertainment.
- To make inquiry, or seek by request; - sometimes followed by after.
- To publish in church for marriage; - said of both the banns and the persons.
- To request or petition; - usually followed by for; as, to ask for bread.
- To request; to seek to obtain by words; to petition; to solicit; - often with of, in the sense of from, before the person addressed.
- To require, demand, claim, or expect, whether by way of remuneration or return, or as a matter of necessity; as, what price do you ask?
hire, postulate, grill, lead, regard, pick out, worm out of, collect, imply, bid, fill, contend, warn, accept, necessary, submit, beseech, admit, look, charge, make, assume, learn, implore, draw out, wonder, subscribe, command, hold, take away, refute, crave, petition, anticipate, take up, charter, rent, take in, study, urge, take on, need, withdraw, conduct, necessitate, require, carry, consider, use up, pose, propose, call for, invite, await, aim, have, pick up, order, over, enquire, contain, convey, drive, subscribe to, bespeak, wait, affect, pack, want, requisition, solicit, enjoin, raise, have a bun in the oven, lease, remove, claim, look at, expect, take, gestate, direct, scour, sound out, gather up, entreat, ingest, pray, answer, bring, train, dun, summon, acquire, angle for, supplicate, deal, put, suggest, contract, take aim, inquire, get hold of, read, choose, adopt, cross-examine, beg, request, guide, get, bear, demand, strike, involve, select, film, occupy, exact, entail, engage, shoot, consume, value, posit, pump, quest.