Definition of ask :
1. A water newt.
2. To interrogate or inquire of or concerning; to put a question to or about; to question.
3. To invite; as, to ask one to an entertainment.
4. To make inquiry, or seek by request; - sometimes followed by after.
5. To publish in church for marriage; - said of both the banns and the persons.
6. To request or petition; - usually followed by for; as, to ask for bread.
7. To request; to seek to obtain by words; to petition; to solicit; - often with of, in the sense of from, before the person addressed.
8. To require, demand, claim, or expect, whether by way of remuneration or return, or as a matter of necessity; as, what price do you ask?
have a bun in the oven, summon, bespeak, implore, consider, hire, look, submit, grill, rent, get, acquire, affect, contract, train, deal, bid, conduct, occupy, pump, lead, enquire, guide, involve, anticipate, answer, adopt, necessitate, pack, entail, choose, make, take on, gestate, wonder, dun, pick up, regard, charge, convey, charter, entreat, take in, read, exact, claim, crave, carry, solicit, aim, call for, look at, take, bring, need, order, remove, command, get hold of, select, admit, require, pray, cross-examine, assume, have, contend, warn, take aim, ingest, request, shoot, refute, petition, scour, strike, subscribe to, take up, pose, quest, put, contain, raise, necessary, beseech, requisition, await, engage, film, draw out, accept, hold, wait, drive, over, bear, supplicate, use up, want, value, enjoin, collect, worm out of, pick out, propose, direct, posit, consume, expect, subscribe, fill, demand, gather up, take away, angle for, study, imply, suggest, invite, learn, lease, beg, postulate, sound out, withdraw, urge
question (part of speech: verb)