Definition of aspect:
- A view of a plane from a given direction, usually from above; more exactly, the manner of presentation of a plane to a fluid through which it is moving or to a current. If an immersed plane meets a current of fluid long side foremost, or in broadside aspect, it sustains more pressure than when placed short side foremost. Hence, long narrow wings are more effective than short broad ones of the same area.
- Appearance to the eye or the mind; look; view.
- Look, or particular appearance of the face; countenance; mien; air.
- Position or situation with regard to seeing; that position which enables one to look in a particular direction; position in relation to the points of the compass; as, a house has a southern aspect, that is, a position which faces the south.
- Prospect; outlook.
- The act of looking; vision; gaze; glance.
- The influence of the stars for good or evil; as, an ill aspect.
- The situation of planets or stars with respect to one another, or the angle formed by the rays of light proceeding from them and meeting at the eye; the joint look of planets or stars upon each other or upon the earth.
- To behold; to look at.
outside, tantrum, reflection, stare, scrutiny, copula, slant, verbalism, font, construction, feeling, thought, nerve, cyclorama, dress, sight, component, outlook, panorama, smell, eyeshot, spirit, frame of reference, angle, perspective, persuasion, features, medical prognosis, purview, manifestation, effect, looking, facial expression, typeface, horizon, side, feel, boldness, externals, nature, prognosis, in place, flavour, look, sentiment, the active, visage, expectation, peculiarity, scenery, eye, express, facial gesture, candidate, auxiliary verb, expression, flavor, under/in the guise of, formula, do, at, physiognomy, facet, respect, garb, regard, direction, survey, light, cheek, locution, shot, character, alignment, presence, phase, conjugation, reflexion, feature, the first person, face, surface, diorama, way, verbal expression, grammatical construction, formulation, view, fit, exposure, human face, picture, the conditional, styling, phase, auxiliary, viewpoint, case, vista, grimace, opinion, looking at, saying, study at, conniption, factor, gape, chance, regard, setting, orientation, fount, hand, frontage, prospect, tone, scene, brass, the future.
- appearance (part of speech: noun)
- situation (part of speech: noun)
- "Dr. Jolliffe's Boys", Lewis Hough.
- "Hurricane Hurry", W.H.G. Kingston.
- "The Expositor's Bible: Colossians and Philemon", Alexander Maclaren.