Definition of aspect :
1. A view of a plane from a given direction, usually from above; more exactly, the manner of presentation of a plane to a fluid through which it is moving or to a current. If an immersed plane meets a current of fluid long side foremost, or in broadside aspect, it sustains more pressure than when placed short side foremost. Hence, long narrow wings are more effective than short broad ones of the same area.
2. Appearance to the eye or the mind; look; view.
3. Look, or particular appearance of the face; countenance; mien; air.
4. Position or situation with regard to seeing; that position which enables one to look in a particular direction; position in relation to the points of the compass; as, a house has a southern aspect, that is, a position which faces the south.
5. Prospect; outlook.
6. The act of looking; vision; gaze; glance.
7. The influence of the stars for good or evil; as, an ill aspect.
8. The situation of planets or stars with respect to one another, or the angle formed by the rays of light proceeding from them and meeting at the eye; the joint look of planets or stars upon each other or upon the earth.
9. To behold; to look at.
orientation, picture, styling, construction, tantrum, nerve, at, looking at, the future, candidate, scrutiny, expectation, locution, fit, reflection, face, side, frame of reference, reflexion, chance, the first person, physiognomy, feel, effect, expression, study at, font, case, survey, verbalism, express, prognosis, flavour, looking, setting, exposure, sight, typeface, feeling, scenery, character, outside, auxiliary, spirit, conniption, facet, frontage, angle, thought, gape, prospect, formula, do, peculiarity, diorama, conjugation, stare, smell, garb, perspective, surface, cheek, way, facial expression, factor, presence, shot, fount, formulation, viewpoint, visage, regard, verbal expression, eyeshot, human face, panorama, saying, purview, outlook, dress, feature, horizon, under/in the guise of, sentiment, brass, phase, in place, facial gesture, copula, the active, auxiliary verb, opinion, grammatical construction, cyclorama, boldness, component, persuasion, hand, medical prognosis, nature, respect, slant, tone, flavor, alignment, manifestation, the conditional, features, externals, light, eye, grimace, direction
appearance (part of speech: noun)
situation (part of speech: noun)
disposition, style, ambience, condition, state, mode, post, formation, situation, location, spot, configuration, placement, environment, arrangement, property, position, scene, site, standing, quality, layout, station, circumstance, modality, status
- For a crisis had arrived in their affairs which assumed a most serious aspect. - "Dr. Jolliffe's Boys", Lewis Hough.
- Everything still wore an aspect of perfect peace. - "Hurricane Hurry", W.H.G. Kingston.
- In the one aspect, it is a death; in the other, it is a resurrection. - "The Expositor's Bible: Colossians and Philemon", Alexander Maclaren.