Definition of aspic :
1. A European species of lavender ( Lavandula spica), which produces a volatile oil. See Spike.
2. A piece of ordnance carrying a 12 pound shot.
3. A savory meat jelly containing portions of fowl, game, fish, hard boiled eggs, etc.
4. The venomous asp.
- Cucumber Aspic Four large cucumbers, one small onion, half a box of gelatine soaked in half a cup of cold water, salt and white pepper to taste. - "The-Suffrage-Cook-Book", Kleber, L. O., Mrs..
- Big Liza shook like the aspic she was carrying. - "Kildares of Storm", Eleanor Mercein Kelly.
- Here they found a table, and while Oliver was ordering frozen poached eggs and quails in aspic, Montague sat and gazed about him at the revelry, and listened to the prattle of the little ex- sempstress from Rivington Street. - "The Metropolis", Upton Sinclair.