Definition of aspire:
- hope (part of speech: verb)
- pursue (part of speech: verb)
- petition (part of speech: verb)
The writings of the Fathers are full of lamentations and exhortations which indicate that the youthful female saints of their time found it one thing to aspire to the glory of virginity and quite another to live consistently with its character.- "Women of Early Christianity Woman: In all ages and in all countries, Vol. 3 (of 10)", Alfred Brittain Mitchell Carroll.
- "Travels in the Great Desert of Sahara, in the Years of 1845 and 1846", James Richardson.
- "Autobiography of Anthony Trollope", Anthony Trollope.