Definition of assessment:
- A valuation of property or profits of business, for the purpose of taxation; such valuation and an adjudging of the proper sum to be levied on the property; as, an assessment of property or an assessment on property.
- An apportionment of a subscription for stock into successive installments; also, one of these installments ( in England termed a call).
- The act of assessing; the act of determining an amount to be paid; as, an assessment of damages, or of taxes; an assessment of the members of a club.
- The specific sum levied or assessed.
sagacity, money, judgment, discernment, perspicacity, duty, legal opinion, appraisal, sagaciousness, appraisement, politics, sound judgment, tax, pay, judging, impost, sound judgement, levy, estimate, levy, fee, tariff, tax, judgement, mind, judicial decision, opinion, charge.
calculation (part of speech: noun)
- judgement (part of speech: noun)
Themistokles was the only man who had sneered at the great reputation which Aristeides had won by his assessment of the Greek states, saying that the praise which was lavished on him was not suitable to a man, but to a chest which kept money safe.- "Plutarch's Lives, Volume II", Aubrey Stewart & George Long.
- "Norwegian Life", Ethlyn T. Clough.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.