Definition of assist:
attend to, go to, care, supporter, serve up, serve well, look, countenance, dish up, serve, process, aid, hang, dish, assistance, boost, dish out, wait on, give a leg up, take care, help oneself, swear out, attention, help, economic aid, do, function, attend, pay heed, assistant, sanction, take to heart, tending, suffice, service, helper, instigate, incite, advert, give ear, advocate, embolden, see, study athelp, answer, financial aid.
- benefit (part of speech: verb)
- mediate (part of speech: verb)
- facilitate (part of speech: verb)
give (part of speech: verb)
- rescue (part of speech: verb)
- aid (part of speech: verb)
- assist (part of speech: verb)
- serve (part of speech: verb)
If you will assist me- as I beg you to do- you must be content to follow my guidance and instructions without question, and remain, as you call it, in the dark, until the time comes for all to be told."- "The Crooked House", Brandon Fleming.
- "The Three Lieutenants", W.H.G. Kingston.
- "Vendetta A Story of One Forgotten", Marie Corelli.