Definition of association :
1. Mental connection, or that which is mentally linked or associated with a thing.
2. The act of associating, or state of being associated; union; connection, whether of persons of things.
3. Union of persons in a company or society for some particular purpose; as, the American Association for the Advancement of Science; a benevolent association. Specifically, as among the Congregationalists, a society, consisting of a number of ministers, generally the pastors of neighboring churches, united for promoting the interests of religion and the harmony of the churches.
connectedness, conference, experience, tie up, intimacy, fellowship, community, familiarity, recollection, balance, sodality, knowledge, dissociation, identification, combination, loop, chamber, institution, connexion, companionship, league, connecter, standoff, confederation, short-term memory, suggest, impression, linkage, railroad tie, flash mob, federation, board, tie-in, linkup, liaison, separation, assistance, joining, group, long-term memory, connotation, kinship, cooperation, comparison, connective, organization, reconciliation, flash mobbing, sleeper, agreement, mingling, crosstie, intercourse, brotherhood, acquaintance, panel, commission, stand, institute, hookup, suggestion, guild, society, membership, fraternity, council, severance, friendship, conjunction, necktie, police, club, camaraderie, rapport, bearing, chemistry, standstill, nostalgia, flood, linking, memory, draw, support group, connector, flashback, tie beam, near, consortium, circuit, sorority, college, tie, friendliness, relations, photographic memory, recall, corporation, order, disagreement, congress
co-operation (part of speech: noun)
relation (part of speech: noun)
connection (part of speech: noun)
- About twelve o'clock I got a long- distance call from Mr. Field, the secretary of the Hardware Association. - "Dawson Black: Retail Merchant", Harold Whitehead.
- His association with that Lang boy has been his ruin. - "The Chums of Scranton High at Ice Hockey", Donald Ferguson.
- Seems as if association did make value. - "The Magnetic North", Elizabeth Robins (C. E. Raimond).