Definition of association:
- Mental connection, or that which is mentally linked or associated with a thing.
- The act of associating, or state of being associated; union; connection, whether of persons of things.
- Union of persons in a company or society for some particular purpose; as, the American Association for the Advancement of Science; a benevolent association. Specifically, as among the Congregationalists, a society, consisting of a number of ministers, generally the pastors of neighboring churches, united for promoting the interests of religion and the harmony of the churches.
linkup, tie, institution, suggest, mingling, college, familiarity, chamber, connective, near, recollection, consortium, separation, linking, brotherhood, corporation, board, hookup, recall, flash mobbing, confederation, crosstie, linkage, intimacy, club, relations, disagreement, friendship, necktie, standoff, police, dissociation, commission, fraternity, identification, friendliness, experience, combination, conference, connecter, joining, guild, cooperation, community, stand, support group, flash mob, intercourse, agreement, sorority, impression, league, council, congress, fellowship, assistance, severance, affiliation, flood, reconciliation, conjunction, group, tie-in, comparison, photographic memory, connection, connexion, panel, standstill, tie beam, circuit, nostalgia, connector, membership, organization, loop, knowledge, sodality, draw, chemistry, rapport, order, kinship, camaraderie, sleeper, tie up, institute, long-term memory, bearing, connotation, society, memory, companionship, acquaintance, short-term memory, railroad tie, connectedness, federation, suggestion, flashback, liaison, balance.
- co-operation (part of speech: noun)
- relation (part of speech: noun)
- connection (part of speech: noun)
- "Dawson Black: Retail Merchant", Harold Whitehead.
- "The Chums of Scranton High at Ice Hockey", Donald Ferguson.
- "The Magnetic North", Elizabeth Robins (C. E. Raimond).