Definition of assuage:
salve, facilitate, palliate, extinguish, pacify, relieve, free, satiate, propitiate, surfeit, take over, numb, season, slack, study at, slake, alleviate, mollify, save, entitle, placate, lenify, blow out, remove, patch up, conciliate, temper, exempt, quench, extenuate, gruntle, deaden, abate, gentle, satisfy, unbosom, settle, fill, snuff out, sweeten, squelch, stay, appease, accommodate, salvage, lighten, let off, increase, make up, dulcify, excuse, ennoble, sate, kill, disarm, allay.
- alleviate (part of speech: verb)
- pacify (part of speech: verb)
- relieve (part of speech: verb)
- calm (part of speech: verb)
- "Poems & Ballads (First Series)", Algernon Charles Swinburne.
- "Cosmopolis, Complete", Paul Bourget Last Updated: March 3, 2009.
- "Erema My Father's Sin", R. D. Blackmore.